It's good to do uncomfortable things. It's weight training for life.
Things have changed. The world is not the way it was a month ago.
- The pool is closed, swim teams canceled, my daily swim on hold.
- Aikido classes canceled.
- Public Library closed.
- Workshops canceled.
- Church canceled.
- Grocery store shelves with holes where canned goods and paper products used to be.
- Many losing jobs and worried about the next meal.
- Calls with family increase exponentially, making sure we're all healthy and that Mom is safe.
- Daily routine more relaxed, less stressed.
- Learning to work virtually, be more creative.
- Long walks, hikes, and rambles in the warming weather, strangers smiling and waving at me.
- Families playing outside together.
- Restaurants, businesses and residents pitching in to help neighbors and others who need food and assistance.
- Reading a lot, my pile of "someday" books dwindling.
- Quiet time-yes!
- My suitcase unpacked!
- Church on Facebook Live!
An inspiring graphic from WeAreUnsinkable.com appeared by way of my sister, Paula, on Facebook last week, and it helped me regain some perspective....