The more you think you know about something, the less you actually do. I just finished reading Think Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don't Know, by organizational psychologist Adam Grant.
The book's full of great stories and interesting facts (and great cartoons!). For example, here's an exercise directly from the book:
Compared to most people, how much do you think you know about each of the following topics--more, less, or the same?
- Why English became the official language of the United States
- Why women were burned at the stake in Salem
- What job Walt Disney had before he drew Mickey Mouse
- On which spaceflight humans first laid eyes on the Great Wall of China
- Why eating candy affects how kids behave
You might be surprised by the answers, I know I was...